I just realized that I cook quite often, I share the pictures on my instagram, but I don't post it in my blog. I'm not an expert but I love to cook. By cooking my own meal, I have a full control of the things that going into my body. Its my effort to keep my self healthy, yet practicing my cooking skill hehehe. Basically I can do the basic cooking, yesss I'm still far from making those slow cooked Indonesian foods with herbs and other magical spices. I don't really follow recipes when I cook, I just use my instinct and imagination. Yes sometimes I imagine what if I grill something with A spice and B sauce, in the middle of working hehe. This is one of my favorite recipe for steak and roasted potato. I hope I can explain it right because again, I don't follow any recipe nor have any measurement.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper (I love pepper so much!), leave them for 20 minutes or more
- Prepare the grill pan, I'm using Happy Call, and set the fire low.
- When the pan is ready, sizzle 1tbs of olive oil and then put the beef on the pan.
- Sprinkle the beef with dried rosemary. I put the rosemary only on one side to avoid it from being burnt.
- Flip the beef after around 8 minutes (depends on your preference) and leave it for another 5 minutes until the beef is well cooked.
- Spread some unsalted butter on the beef.
- Boil some broccoli and carrot (or any veggies that you like) with a sprinkle of salt for 3-5 minutes. I like to keep the veggies crunchy. Then set aside.
Roasted potato - This recipe is basically inspired by Pancious' grilled baby potato
- Preheat the oven
- Peel the potato, wash and cut into finger size
- Sprinkle some salt, pepper (the more the merrier), dried rosemary, 1tbs olive oil and minced garlic (2 cloves)
- Spread some olive oil onto the baking pan so the potato won't stick when they're done. Roast for 10-12 minutes.
Level of difficulties
Happy happy joy, I hope I made this recipe easy for you to try at home. Let me know once you tried it!